Thursday, April 9, 2009

Full Pink Moon

Today is the Full Pink Moon, so named because it heralds the appearance of pinks, or ground phlox, one of the first spring flowers to bloom. I love pinks and have them bordering my perennial bed in enormous clumps. My favorites are the Cheddar Pinks: pale gray-green foliage with cool blue-pink blossoms. And who couldn't love anything with a name like that? Unfortunately, my ducks seem to love them just as much as I do and if I'm not careful, will eat them until there are just a few dirt-covered roots left here and there.

Today's moon is also known by many other names as well: the Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, the Frog Moon, the Planter's Moon and among the coastal tribes, the Full Fish Moon. The Lakotas call it the Fast Waterflow Moon. It's neo-pagan name is the Growing Moon.

Take a moment tonight to step outside and bathe yourself in the cool silver light of the moon. Draw down the full moon and as you draw the moon's essence into you, feel both its power and the power of the goddess strengthening you and making you whole.

No comments: