Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Personal Tarot Cards

In addition to doing my annual New Year's tarot spread for the coming year (see Tarot, 2-20-08), I also check to see what my year card is and usually that one-card reading for the coming year is spot on. The full spread gives me greater depth and detail for what to expect for the next twelve months, but my year card is quick and to the point. If you'd like to know what your year card is, take your birth month and day and the current year, add the three together and reduce any double digit numbers to their lowest possible single digit and you have your year card. It's that simple! For example, to determine my tarot card for this year, this is what I did:

8
14
2010

2032

This is then reduced to 2 + 3 + 2= 7, which means my year card for 2010 is The Chariot.

You can also determine your personality and soul cards, or those tarot cards that most closely reflect the person you show to the world as well as that inner part of you that's in your soul. This is done in the same manner as your year card, but in place of the current year, you would substitute your birth year. If the number is a double digit number, the first number represents your personality card and its reduction to a single digit, your soul card. If the reduced number is still greater than 22, reduce it once again. If your number is larger than 22 and must be reduced, or is a single digit from the get-go, then your personality and soul cards are one and the same. One number will reduce two times: 19, which reduces to 10 which in turn reduces to 1.

For me, having been born in 1963, my personality and soul card is The Hierophant, a card that is exactly who I am: an artist, a perpetual seeker of the spiritual truth, and one who follows her own path in everything undertaken. This is both what the world sees and who I am in the depths of my soul when it's just me alone.

8
14
1963

1985

1 + 9 + 8 + 5 = 23, 2 + 3 = 5.

Have some fun with this and enjoy your results. I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised by its accuracy.

2 comments:

brandi said...

~thanks for sharing...my tarot card for the year is 7 too...brightest blessings~

Victoria said...

Yeah, I'd have preferred a great many cards over The Chariot for this year, but they can't all be smooth sailing, can they?